Tomorrow Jace will be 2 weeks old, and he will have been with me for 2 weeks on Wednesday. Kind of crazy. I think we are kind of settling in and getting to know each other,except he changes daily. He is gaining weight for sure. How do i know this, because my arm hurts more when i feed him. He is still a good baby...but i think times are changing. His facial expressions are adorable...and even tho it may cost later on...the thumb sucking is so cute, or at least him looking for it. his hair is starting to curl, if it continues it could look like we are related.
This is so more difficult than i thought. I deal with these situations on a daily basis at work, but this is so much different. I understsand parents rights, and all of that, but now that there are emotions involved (my emotions) its a completely different thing. Sure he has a bio mother, but what has she done? He wasn't even given a name, and now she wants a visit, Of course i knew all of this when i signed up for this, but now that future being is a real child, one who i have to give medication to 4 times a day because she didn't do what she was supposed to do to care for herself so this child had a good start, one that i get up at obnoxious hours to feed and change, and who has so much to overcome in his short life, it is now personal. I don't want her to see him, who knows where she's been and what she is bringing in. I take my job of caring for this child seriously, and i have to protect his well being. I will bring it up but some how i doubt it will make a difference and she is going to get to see him. I know this is how it has to be and legally i have no rights....but this little guy deserves the best. So far i love giving that to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment