Sunday, March 2, 2014

Its been almost a year

Wow, I didn't realize it had been almost a year since the last time I blogged.  I have been trying to figure out what to do with The Mommy Diaries.  I had hoped that I would keep up with the blog, but obviously I overestimated my free time and energy.  But I have seen other blogs, and hoping that maybe I can figure out how to blog, but not necessarily just write, but post pictures and stuff.  I know it doesn't have to be long just a brief moment or two to document these crazy times.  I will have to keep thinking, but any suggestions will be welcomed.

I finally decided, or at least finally said it out loud, is that I am not renewing my foster care license.  I didn't come to this decision quickly or easily.  Actually I had been putting off the whole thing but I had too.  I love my kid so much, and always saw myself having at least 2 kids.  I see all these parents with more kids than they know what to do with and each of them seems to suffer in some way.  I know that if  feel guilty now with one, it will only be worse with more.  The real fact is I am not getting any younger!!  Honesty, I am a little afraid to have another.  Mine was such a good baby, and even on his worse day (which by the way are more and more frequent) I know he is a good kid, I know if I have another that one will be a monster...lol...The good news for those of you who don't know the system, I can still be considered for placement of another child of my kids birth mother.  I am considered a non related extended family member, because that child would be biologically my child's sibling.  I would at least like to be given the chance to say yes or no, and would hope that the county feels the same way.

I actually had planned to write more, but I think I will leave this here until I can decide what to do with this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment